The MPro MP225 is a portable, dual fifteen-inch, two-way speaker system designed for applications in live performance, music playback, and reinforcement of speech. The Laminar Flow Baffle reduces diffraction effects and distortion resulting from turbulence. The crossover network employs separate low-pass filters for each woofer. The lower woofer is rolled off at a lower frequency than is the upper woofer. This reduces mid-range phase anomalies while retaining the strong lowfrequency output that is the primary appeal of a dual woofer system. The horn design with its large mouth delivers smooth, natural reproduction - especially in the critical mid-range. The edges of the premium grade carpet are captured by the joint detail to prevent visible seams or peeling. A 16 gauge, steel grill protects the 15 inch JBL woofers.
- 70 x 70 horn designed for even coverage and smooth response on and off axis.
- Ferro-fluid cooled compression driver with titanium diaphragm.
- SonicGuard protects highfrequency driver from excess power without interrupting the performance.
- Dual JBL 15" low frequency drivers with 2-1/2" (64 mm), edgewound voice coil.
- Laminar Flow Baffle reduces distortion and diffraction effects by providing smooth, rounded baffle contours.
- Molded baffle constructed of SMC (sheet molding compound), a durable, cross-linked thermo-plastic also used in automotive body panels.
- Precision engineered crossover for optimal power response and performance in the critical midrange region. Each woofer has an individual band-pass to maintain coverage pattern control.
- Input panel includes a Neutrik Speakon NL-4 input and a 1/4" phone jack for flexible connectivity.
- Rectangular enclosure constructed of 18 mm plywood using tongueand- groove joint detail for durability and years of service.
- Covered in premium grade, 12 oz. carpet - the most durable and attractive carpet covering available.
- Attractive full-length 16 gauge, hexagon perforated, steel grill protects components from damage.
MP225 Technical Manual
updated: Feb 19, 2020
If any of the links above result in strange characters in your browser, please right-click the file to save it to your computer.